- Board of Directors
- Communication Flow Chart
- Community Handbook
- Fact Sheet
- Our Mission
- Our History
- Our Vision
- School Calendar
- Video Tour
- Header Directory
- CNG Publications
- Apply Online
- International Applications
- Applying to K4/K5 (Bogotá Residents)
- Local Transfers
- Temporary Withdrawals
- Contact Info
- Inquire Online
- Help Desk
- Primary School
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School
- Programa Colombiano
- Advanced Placement Academy
- Learning Center
- Confucius Institute
- HS Publications
- Personero and Vice-Personero
- Classroom Without Walls (CWW)
- Code of Honor
- College Counseling
- Condor Activities
- Dress Code
- Food Services
- House System
CNG provides access to digital resources that enhance the educational process and online communications to ensure that the student’s ability to live and work in the 21st century is taken advantage of. The main objective of the school is to provide a safe environment for students to learn to find, retrieve, manage, share, publish and create information resources.
Anyone who has access to electronic resources at CNG is expected to use these resources in a responsible, ethical, and polite manner. General good behavior rules apply, just as they apply in other areas of the school.
Since network and internet access is provided as a tool for educational and institutional purposes, the school reserves the right to monitor, inspect, copy, review and store at any time and without prior notice any and all usage of the school’s electronic resources and online communications.
The following BE SMART guidelines are designed to provide a positive framework for the use digital tools to support teaching and learning at CNG:
* Keep your network and other personal account information private and secure
* Use strong passwords and change them regularly.
* Do not post personal information on public domains.
* Share only information, images or materials that do not put you at risk.
* When creating content, communicating or collaborating, identify yourself without sharing more information than needed.
Use Good Manners
* Be polite and respectful when communicating and collaborating online.
* Use appropriate language and images.
* Respect others and do not engage in bullying behavior.
* Follow guidelines of accepted behaviors in the student handbook. Accepted behavior in classrooms, hallways or any other school areas is also accepted behavior online.
* Access media that is focused on learning and is fitting for the academic environment
* Create content that demonstrates learning and contributes positively to your digital footprint.
* Communicate and collaborate online in a way that represents yourself and the school in a positive way.
* In a classroom setting, use computers and electronic devices only for educational purposes.
* Get permission to record and publish content of others.
* Give proper credit to sources used in research, avoid plagiarism.
* Abide by copyright laws.
* Refrain from using network resources and digital tools to engage in illegal activities such as stealing other user accounts (hacking), deleting someone else’s files, tampering with computer hardware or software, distributing obscene or pornographic content.